Messiaen. 20 contemplations
Date and time
08 December 2018, Saturday 19:00
Antonii Baryshevskyi is a laureate of many international music contests, including Arthur Rubinstein (Israel) and Ferruccio Busoni (Italy). Studied at the National Music Academy in Kiev and the Ecole Normale de musique de Paris. With huge success concerts in Europe and the USA. Recorded in the Naxos, world-famous label of classical music. Soloist of the National Philharmonic of Ukraine.
"I am more interested in music, in which there is an expression, saturation of timbre and temperament," - said pianist. "Twenty contemplations on the infant Jesus" by Olivier Messiaen is the most variable piano piece of modernity.
The alternation of images in it is thoroughly thought out and dramatically built up: carefree calm changes with tension, tenderness with severity, and then in a smile. Despite the complexity and versatility of “Twenty contemplations”, this cycle grows out of small "bricks" - several themes that repeat and develop as a leitmotif.
We will be able to look at the "infant Jesus" by the eyes of the pianist Baryshevskyi on December 8, in waiting for Christmas. It’s the best time for such music!
Antonii Baryshevskyi – piano
Olivier Messiaen – Twenty contemplations on the infant Jesus
- Regard du Père
- Regard de l'étoile
- Regard de la Vierge
- Regard du Fils sur le Fils
- Par Lui tout a été fait
- Regard de la Croix
- Regard des hauteurs
- Regard du temps
- Regard de l'Esprit de joie
- Première communion de la Vierge
- La parole toute puissante
- Regard des Anges
- Le baiser de l'enfant-Jésus
- Regard des prophètes, des bergers et des Mages
- Regard du silence
- Regard de l'Onction terrible
- Je dors, mais mon cœur veille
- Regard de l'Église d'amour
Tickets are available:
- in the box office of Organ Hall daily from 1 p.m. till 7 p.m.
- online at Gastroli.ua - https://gastroli.ua/places/235
- in over 20 box offices around Lviv - https://gastroli.ua/network
(age restriction: 7+)For additional info call: 098 871 0180